Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Fashola Budgets N100b For Roads in 2013

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola  has earmarked N100 billion for road construction, rehabilitation and other infrastructure this year.

At least, 70 percent of the fund would be used in completing ongoing road projects across the state, a source disclosed to P.M.NEWS, while the remaining 30 percent of the budgeted sum would be used for other infrastructural projects, construction of new roads and rehabilitation of other dilapidated roads.

With this amount budgeted for works as capital expenditure in the budget, it shows that the Lagos State Government is laying more emphasis on completion of already awarded road contracts and awarding of few other road projects as buttressed by the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr. Kadri Hamzat three weeks ago.

Aside the N100 billion for roads and infrastructure, N4.5 billion has also been given to the Ministry of Works and Infrastructure as subvention for 2012.

Environmental protection is the second top priority in Fashola’s budget as it is expected to spend N28.6 billion on capital project, while the Environment Ministry also has a subvention of N8.1 billion.

Also, the third on the list of capital expenditure is the Ministry of Transportation with N22.6 billion earmarked to execute projects in the sector, while N691 million will be given to the Ministry as subvention.
N19.58 billion will be used in executing statewide projects by the state government this year, while the Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget has a capital expenditure of N15.6 billion and a subvention of N95 million.

The Ministry of Commerce and Industry has a capital expenditure of N12.13 billion, out of which N3.2 billion has been earmarked for the Lekki Free Trade Zone. The ministry also has a subvention of N1.4 billion.

Education, has a capital expenditure of N11.79 billion and a subvention of N12.19 billion; while Housing has a capital expenditure of N10 billion and Health, N8.9 billion capital expenditure and a subvention of N2 billion.

While the Lands Bureau will execute projects worth N7.98 billion, the Ministry of Science and Technology will execute projects worth N5.28 billion. The Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development will execute projects worth N4.6 billion. The capital expenditure for 2013 for Finance Ministries, N3.68 billion; Justice, N3.12 billion; House of Assembly, N2.8 billion; Agriculture and Cooperatives, N2.5 billion; Rural Development, N1.75 billion plus a subvention of N38 million; Social Protection, N1.64 billion; Tourism and Intergovernmental Issues, N1.5 billion; Judiciary, N1.2 billion; Special Duties, N1.12 billion, while other ministries have a capital expenditure of less than N1 billion.

Edited from PM NEWS


Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More