Saturday 12 January 2013

Father of conjoined Twins accused National Hospital of Killing his Babies


The conjoined twins given birth to at the Mararaba Medical Centre, along Keffi-Abuja expressway, have died at the National Hospital, Abuja, last weekend and the father of the girls, Mr. Ahmed Sani, 38, has accused the management of the hospital of not acting promptly to separate the set of twins.

Sani, while narrating his ordeal, said during the period the babies were in the hospital, they were not attended to neither were they given food for four days.

Sani blames the hospital of negligence which led to his babies’. He said: “When the babies were referred to the National Hospital at about 4pm on Thursday, January 3, 2013, the hospital demanded the sum of N20, 000 from us, which we gave to them. Later they demanded for toiletries for the babies, which we provided, while they asked me to go home, and that was on Friday. I went back to the hospital on Saturday.

“They said they were carrying out some tests and that I should go and come back on Monday because even if I decided to come on Sunday, I won’t find anyone to attend to me. So they demanded my contact which I gave them including that of my wife and even those of some of my relatives before I left.

“I went to the hospital on Monday and they apologised for not being able to reach me, claiming that all efforts to reach me proved abortive. That was when they told me that the babies died on Sunday.”

Sani said when he demanded that the corpse of the babies be released for him to bury according to Islamic rites, the hospital pleaded with him to return after three hours so that they could use the dead babies for experiment.

“I came back after three hours and discovered that they had separated the dead bodies,” he stated.
The public relations officer of the National Hospital, Prince Tope Haastrup, confirmed that the babies died on Sunday and were taken to the mortuary. “That is all I have to say, I can’t speak further on it.”

In a related development, the president of the Nigerian Medical Association, Dr. Osahon Enabulele, said an investigation was going to be conducted to determine what happened at the National Hospital before he could speak on the matter.

Culled from Information Nigeria.

By Admin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More