Tuesday 14 February 2012

Singer Shakira Attacked by Sea Lion in South Africa

Shakira with the penguins today in cape town

Colombian singer-songwriter shakira has revealed that she was attacked by a sea lion yesterday in cape town,south africa while on vacation.The Hips don't lie singer got her  hands and legs injured.
   She posted how it happened on her facebook page: 

       This afternoon I happened to see some sea lions and seals. I thought to myself how cute they were so I decided to get a bit closer than all of the other tourists and went down to a rock trying to pet them doing a baby talk while taking pictures... Suddenly, one of them jumped out of the water so fast and impetuously that it got about one foot away from me, looked me in the eye, roared in fury and tried to bite me. Everyone there screamed, including me. I was paralyzed by fear and couldn't move, I just kept eye contact with it while my brother "Super Tony" jumped over me and literally saved my life, taking me away from the beast. We both got our hands and legs scratched by the rocks while trying to protect ourselves. I believe what happened is that it confused the shiny reflection of the blackberry I was taking these pics with, with some sort of fish. It probably thought I was teasing it with food and then taking it away from it.it.

The sea lion

shakira's hand got injured


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More