Wednesday 29 February 2012

Celine Dion Cancels Shows Till June due to Voice Problem



 Grammy-winning singer Celine Dion announced Tuesday she had canceled a string of upcoming shows in Las Vegas due to a virus-triggered problem with her vocal chords.
     
The Canadian-born star was due to sing at Caesars Palace in a series of shows through March 18, but has called them off after being ordered to rest her voice for six to eight weeks.

Following the difficulties that she experienced with her vocal chords last week, which resulted in cancelled weekend performances, Celine decided to seek further expert medical advice from one of the leading international authorities on laryngeal physiology, Professor Gerald Berke M.D., UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California.

Celine flew to Los Angeles on Monday afternoon and had a thorough examination at Berke's clinic. Hediagnosed Celine with weakness in her right vocal chord, secondary to a viral illness. and he prescribed 6-8 weeks of voice-rest in order for Celine to completely recover from this condition.
Celine said in a statement on her website

"I tried to sing at my sound-check last week, and I had no control of my voice whatsoever," said Celine. “We thought that after a few days rest I would improve but it wasn't getting any better....I guess it was worse than I thought. I'm fortunate that I was able to see Professor Berke. He identified what was causing the problems I was having, and he assured me that with the amount of rest he prescribed, I would be back to 100%.

Obviously this is the worst thing for a singer....not being able to do your shows. I feel worse knowing that I'm disappointing my fans. I'm so sorry.....I hope they forgive me."
  Celine’s next run of performances beginning June 9 through August 19 will proceed as scheduled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More