Thursday 12 April 2012

Interview: One On One With Silkelly (Nigerian Idol 2 Physically Disabled Contestant)

Silkelly with Jay Doherty
 By Jay Doherty

Regular and addicted viewers  of Nigeria Idol season II should know the only disable contestant known as SilKelly that made it to the first 30 stage.

Naija Biff crew were with him at his residence somewhere at college road, Ogba to grant him an interview about his personal life, interest for music and life experiences in general.

Naija Biff: Tell us about you

Silkelly: Am popularly known as Silkelly but my real names are Slyva Isaiah. I hail from Bayelsa state, I was born and brought up in Port harcort, Rivers state, I did my education up to diploma level. I came from a family of ten, seven died, three are left and i am the last born of my family. I was born in a polygamous home, my dad married two wives. I plan of going back to school but right now am after my musical career, must confess music brings joy to my soul, its makes me forget about the past, stress and sorrow in my heart, Music also makes me know that there is a tomorrow and i have been singing  for the past 19years, I have been in the industry for a while and i must say i have affected lives with my music.

Naija Biff: Were you born physically disabled?

Silkelly : I was not born physically disabled, i was involved in an accident at age 7.

Naija Biff: When and how did you discover your musical gift?

Silkelly: I discover my musical gift in the year 2000 from a word of God that came from Rev Chris Oyakhilome, he said there is sxomehing in you that everybody like and they also comment positively that you do it, why not go out and do it. Before then i sing alot most people tell me that i sing like R kelly, some say i sing like Joe, others say i sing like boys2men, People keep on telling me to record my songs, so i prayed to God and when the word came from pastor Chris Oyakhilome i knew music was meant for me.
Naija Biff: When and how did you heard of Nigeria Idol season 2?

Silkelly: Nigeria idol season 2 is a big experience for me i must confess, its a miracle. I just came back from MTN project fame auditions heartbroken and i put on my TV set and saw the advert running on TV and i say to myself that is another oppourtunity for me, so i quickly rush to the cybercafe to fill the form.

Naija Biff: How did you make it to the first 30 ?

Silkelly: Its God i must confess

Naija Biff: What kind of music do you do?

Silkelly: I do commercial gospel and hiphop gospel
Naija Biff: Any futher support from Nigerian Idol?

Silkelly: I must Nigerian Idol is the greatest and best reality competition have ever participated in. The sponsores, the crew, judges are so good and nice to me. They are my family i must say. They being so supportive to my musical career, they booked musical session for me that featured the three finalist, they also promise to shoot a video for the song and promote the song

Naija Biff: Tell us about your song with the 3 finalist of Nigerian Idol

Silkelly: I was the studio trying to record my song title ''NOBODY" and the 3 finalist known as Mercy, Joe Blue and Steven just showed up and i told them that i will ike them to feature in the song, they agreed. The song will be on air soon. My album will also be out soon it is titled "NOBODY".
Naija Biff: Where do you see yourself in the next five years?

Silkelly: On top, i see myself impacting lives, i see myself making the less priviledge and disabled ones proud.
Naija Biff: Which musical artiste will you like to work with?

Silkelly: Tiwa Savage, 2face Idibia, Banky W, OJB, Righteous man, Mi, R kelly, Akon, Joe, etc.

Naija Biff: Which artiste have you worked with?

Silkelly : Alot of upcoming artiste, Righteousman, Soul E, Nigerian Idol season 2 finalist

Naija Biff: Any support from any personnel, government or private bodies?

Silkelly: A big thanks to my big boss Righteous man, he has help and support me alot. He did a song and shoot a video for me. The song is titled "EWO".
Naija Biff: Do you live alone?

Silkelly: Yeah

Naija Biff: How do you feed and pay your rent?

Silkelly: I must say its God. Most churches i go to perform give me love offerings.

Naija Biff: Any word for the people out there?

Silkelly: To my fans, i love you all. To private individuals, government and companies, pls i need your support to make my dream a reality you all can contact me with this numbers 07033018549, 08189443781 or silkellysylva@ymail.com. God bless you all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More