Friday 27 January 2012

Fake Soldier Arrested For Smuggling

The Lagos State Police Command Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, has arrested a 37-year suspected smuggler in army uniform.

The suspect, Joseph Chinukwe, was arrested in Ajangbadi along Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria.

Speaking with our correspondent, Chinukwe, who is undergoing interrogation, said: “I reside at 3, Epetedo Street, off Capitol bus stop, Ajangbadi. I’m not a robber, I left my car at the filling station. My car had a fault, so I had to park it at the filling station because I always buy fuel at the station.

“When I got to the spot, I didn’t see the car where I parked it and I decided to ask the attendant. Iwas later arrested after much interrogation, I had to confess that I am a civilian.
“I only use military uniform to smuggle goods like rice from Benin Republic and some times, I carry passengers from there.”

P.M.NEWS gathered that a worker at the filling station in Ajangbadi reported to the police that robbers allegedly carted away millions of naira and killed a guard.

The robbers came in a Peugeot 504 saloon car and the car was found parked at the same spot few days after the incident.

Suspicious of the car, the filling station attendant decided to inform the police at Ajangbadi Divisional Police Headquarters.

During investigation, policemen discovered a bag containing eight army uniforms in the car.
The officers then laid ambush for the owner to come for the bag. It turned out to be Chinukwe. When he did, he was arrested.

Source: Pm news

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More