Monday 31 December 2012

Osaze Odemwingie apologises For Twitter comment Against NFF and Keshi

Osaze OdemwingieOsaze Odemwingie has said he regrets his sensational Twitter comments, which he made after Coach Stephen Keshi left him out of Super Eagles preliminary list for the 2013 Afcon camp in Portugal. The player said Keshi was not fair to him.

However, the England-based forward said his mistakes were made in a fit of anger after he had made it known to his coach and colleagues that he was set to travel for the Nations Cup in South Africa.

In a no-holds-bar interview, the WBA star  surprisingly admitted making some of the comments credited to him, but was also quick to make some clarifications on calling Green names, saying what he attacked was the decision to exclude him.

He described Green as a good man and one of the few on the NFF board alongside the president, Aminu Maigari, who he knows personally, and would not want to offend, though his anger has portrayed him to be at “war with everybody”.

“I remember it was Green who settled my case with Siasia then, but I was too angry when he called me over this matter, and was impatient to listen to him,” he now said.
“My comment was not directed at him personally, but to those who made the decision, but I think I over reacted then.”

On his face-off with Keshi, the former Lokomotiv Moscow forward revealed, “I called the coach two or three times within that period, maybe two or three days before the list was made public and told him of my commitment to be part of the Nations Cup, and have told my (club) coach I will be going to the Nations Cup.

“I felt betrayed after that seeming heart-to-heart discussions with the coach few days to the release of the team list and he could not hint me I was not in his plan for the Nations Cup.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More