Monday, 31 December 2012

Fire Outbreak at Lagos Deputy Governor’s Residence

There was fire scare yesterday Sunday at Lagos State Deputy Governor, Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire official residence as one of the rooms in the Boys Quarters, went up in flames.
The official residence is located in the highbrow Osborne Road, in Ikoyi.

Government officials, however, said the fire was just a minor one and was quickly put out with the aid of fire extinguisher.

The fire was said to have started from the boy’s quarters around 6.22 pm and was due to an electrical spark.

Special Assistant to the Deputy Governor on Media, Tunde Abatan said there was nothing to worry about as it was just a minor spark and that it was extinguished before officials of the Lagos State Fire Service got to the scene.

According to him, no one was at the boys quarters when the incident occurred, saying that “the spark was quickly fixed; it did not cause fire at all. I can assure you that the deputy governor is in her apartment.”

Also, Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Aderemi Ibirogba said it was just a spark and that it was quickly attended to.

The Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Fadipe Idowu said it was a minor incident and that there was nothing to worry about.


Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More