Tuesday 15 November 2011

Yobo eyes 100 caps


Posted by Doherty Joseph
On November 15, 2011

For Yobo, however, beating the Zambians and returning Eagles to winning ways is more important than personal milestones.
When Super Eagles file out against Zambia today, there will be more at stake than national pride.If Eagles skipper, Joseph Yobo plays today, he would have amassed 86 caps equaling the all-time record set by Muda Lawal and Nwankwo Kanu.

His words; “It is great that I am about to equal a record set by these great men. But don’t forget that I have not played the game yet. The coaches still have to select me for the matchbefore we talk about equaling the record. In any case, it is more important for us to beat Zambia than me making the 86 caps mark”.

Having come this far, Yobo’s hunger for the national colours has not waned. He is even
yearning for more.

“I want the team to start winning again starting with this Zambia game. We have now drawn
our last two home fixtures against Guinea and Botswana so we need to come back to winning ways. I will not rest on my oars till the national team is great again”, he said.
Then came the question; could he be the first Nigerian to earn a century of caps?
His response; “Well, I still feel very strong. I am not feeling like one who is about to stop. I think I can go as far as 100 caps before I quit.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More