Saturday 19 November 2011

Concern mounts over Enebeli Elebuwa’s state of health


On November 19, 2011 ·
 By Doherty Joseph

Veteran actor Enebeli Elebuwa who has been down  with stroke for almost a month now, is not given up hope either as he has expressed optimism that he would soon bounce back by the grace of  God.

HVP visited the ailing actor at St Luke’s hospital, Sabo, Yaba, during the week, where  he is currently on admission. He sounded hopeful and very much in high spirit.
Ngozi Ezeonu and ailing actor, Enebeli on a movie set

Except his left leg and  left hand  which he cannot move conveniently, Elebuwa is gradually recovery from the ailment which has got him bedridden for almost a month now.

At the moment, the Delta State born actor who became popular with his role as “Andrew”in the 80s, is responding to treatment. He said his doctors presently are battling to control his blood sugar, as well as his blood pressure  which are on the high side.

Hear him: “I’m responding very well to treatment. My doctors are giving me all kinds of treatments; my blood pressure  and sugar levels are very high. They said they do not have a care for my kind of situation. The recommended a regular exercise for me, and already I have somebody who is taking me on that.”

Narrating further, the veteran actor said “ I  noticed I could not stand very well again about five weeks ago. On that Saturday morning, it was a struggle for me, as I went to the bathroom  to take my shower. When I was through, I came to rest in my living room but I was feeling uncomfortable. Later, when it persisted, I was taken to Ikorodu area of Lagos to see one man who claimed he had a solution to my problem.”

“While in Ikorodu, I saw hell. In fact, it was after the man could not handle my problem that I was brought to St. Luke’s hospital. I’m  hopeful  that I will regain my health. I have told my God, I’m not going to die. I’m gonna live to declare his good works. And He has assured me that I’m not going to die.”

“My younger colleagues  love me. Just yesterday, some of them visited me with a team of pastors who prayed for me. Everybody in the industry have shown serious concern to my predicament. I’m grateful to all of them.”

Mean while, some industry practitioners have called on Governor Raji Fashola of Lagos State, his Delta State counterpart, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan and other well-meaning Nigerians to come to the  rescue of the veteran actor financially.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More