Friday 28 October 2011

D'banj never dated the actress Genevieve Nnaji

Posted by Doherty Joseph
October 28, 2011 at 11:15am
The singer finally speaks on the widely reported affair with the star actress in a recent interview... 'We're close and we both understand that things couldn't work out'
Q: D'banj on the widely reported affair with actress Genevieve Nnaji:

I really can't remember, it cost between N4m to N5m. I 'm not too sure. But I think it's a beautiful idea if not for the way everyone is trying to go about it. I think Genevieve is a stunner I could date or love her. But we didn't date. She's my friend and a star you know. We're close and we both understand that things couldn't work out. That song was recorded two years before the video was released and it remains my biggest song ever. I wanted to make a statement with it. We had options of whom to use in the video, but at the end of the day, we saw that it's an African song and by that time I had already played it in about fifty weddings.

Am I good in bed? How I'm suppose to know? I think you should ask the women, but please don't ask a virgin. That song is misleading them. When you say how big is the koko?, then they want to see if it's that big. But when some come, they see what they either want to see or don't expect to see.

Q: So are you saying that the song has put you into a lot of trouble?

Yes, a lot of time. But to find a lady that really likes one genuinely makes me paranoid. Of late, I dated a lady called Dana and she doesn't even know that I'm a musician. I told her I'm a businessman. She's based in America and I like it. Is it wrong? Even if I date a foreigner, I still have to come back home.

Q: Are you saying you haven't met any Nigerian lady?

It's really hard to find because how will I know she likes me genuinely? My mother said I should go to Bishop Oyedepo's Church, Living Faith to find a wife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More