Sunday 30 October 2011

Don Jazzy: How the Duncan Mighty and Terry G deal went wrong Mo' Hits producer and CEO Don Jazzy spoke on the meeting with Duncan Mighty that almost got him signed to the label.

 
Posted on October 30th, 2011 at 05:30pm
By Doherty Joseph


...
Q: Was Duncan Mighty ever on your label?

I like his music and he’s talented. And everybody knows I like to attend concerts. Once anyone has good music, I’ll be there to support. I didn’t get that much love from artistes when I was growing and I would have loved that. If I could attend Tuface, Daddy Showkey’s concerts, that’ll encourage us to move on. I also give them advice on a daily basis. So whenever I see someone with good music, I go all out to support him and it doesn’t have anything to do with competition.

Anytime my boys go to perform in Port-Harcourt, they always tell me that those guys there love Duncan Mighty. So I invited him to Lagos and he came to the house. I told the boys that I’d like to work with him. We had a meeting and I wanted to sign him or do a promotion deal with him. And since he’s also a producer, maybe he’ll be as a sort of co-producer for my label to help reduce some work load. But now, the same thing that happened with Terry G at some point happened. Because if it’s Mo’hits Records, everybody gets excited.

We haven’t signed any deal and he went ahead to tell people that he’s been signed to Mo’Hits. I was in America when I read on the internet that Duncan Mighty has been signed to Mo’Hits Records. And I hadn’t made up my mind yet about him. When I read it, I had to deny on the internet. I was hoping that after I’ve signed him, then I could tell everyone about it, but he took shine away from me. I called Bankuli and asked how the gist came about. I was told he’d already granted interviews saying he’s been signed on by Mo’hits to work as a producer and vocal coach. I ended the deal.

Q: What about the JJC thing?

We were working together but had a misunderstanding. I don’t want to start defending myself or say it’s his fault. I’ll gain nothing by putting him down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More